Monday, August 31, 2009

My Butt'th Bwoken!

Some of my readers know that I'm still struggling with Toblerone to potty train. I have tried many things and am starting to think that maybe he just isn't ready yet...OR he's just too busy to take the time to try. Nevertheless, I keep trying. After all, he's 3 feet 9 1/2 inches tall now, 60lbs and we can't find diapers in his size...what choice do I have???? At this point, I have 3 choices:

A) Use "Goodnights" as pull-ups.
B) Use underwear and cloth diapers
C) Let him run around naked

I've tried option A and can't afford to buy those suckers every week. We're currently doing option B and I've tried option C a few times. But there's a problem with option C. It's messy and Toblerone HATES to be naked. The first time I tried him all-natural, he cried for 5 minutes and kept following me around with a Goodnight pull-up BEGGING me to help him put it on. The second time I refused to put clothes on him....THIS happened:

Toblerone: *Feeling vulnerable, he runs and grabs a pull-up* "Mama...help! Don't like being naked."

Mum: "Sorry Toblerone, but you need to go in the big boy potty."

Toblerone: "No. Don't like it."

Mum: "Well, you need to learn, honey. You're a big boy now. Big boys go in the potty."

Toblerone gets a thoughtful look on his face. Here, I'm thinking he's actually pondering what I'm saying. Nope....next thing I know, there's a puddle of pee on the floor. At least I know what his "pee face" looks like now.

Mum: "Toblerone....you NEED to use the potty!!!"

Toblerone says he's sorry then holds the pull up to me. Again, I refuse. He trots off to go play. Not even one minute later, he comes back holding his butt.

Toblerone: "Mama...I got hole."

Mum: *trying to keep it together* "Yes honey. We ALL have holes."

Toblerone then discovers his butt HAS A CRACK. He get's this really worried look on his face and says:

Toblerone: "My butt'th BWOKEN!"

OK...I couldn't keep it together anymore. I LOST it! I was laughing SOOO hard! Toblerone didn't think it was funny....

Toblerone: "Mama!!! My butt....it'th BWOKEN!!! NO LAUGH!"

I compose myself and try and explain to him that EVERYONE has a crack. God gave us ALL cracks...if we didn't have a crack in our butt, we would have one BIG butt cheek and that would look silly (I tried to keep the explanation on HIS level). Then, he started going through EVERYONE we know...

Toblerone: "Witha (Melissa) hath crack? Bewa (Bella)? Hayden? Daddy? Triscuit? Fenther (Spencer)?"

Mum: "Yes, Toblerone...EVERYONE has a crack."

This seemed to calm him down and believe it or not, we have a successful potty training afternoon (yay). Then DADDY comes home.

Weenie walks through the door. I ask Toblerone to tell Weenie what's wrong with his butt.

Toblerone: *walks up to Weenie, turns around and pats his butt* "Daddy...my butt bwoken. Mama tell me Witha, Bewa and Triscuit'th butt bwoken, too!"

Forget trying to keep my laugh lines and crows feet at bay. It's not possible with what my children come up with. The innocence of Toblerone's wonderment is just fantastic! For these moments, I'm willing to live with my laugh lines!

No comments: