Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Much Needed Change In Life Begins NOW

My apologies, yet again, for not updating my blog. You'll understand why in a few.

First off, let me update you all on the munchkins.

Triscuit - Triscuit is doing wonderfully, even though he is in need of a doctor visit for a medication increase. He's growing up (too quickly) and with that, his attitude is changing. He seems to have outgrown the touch-me-not stage and has actually asked to have snuggle time with me (snuggle time consists of me sitting on the couch and him laying next to me watching something on T.V.). He's lost a lot of his little boy looks, too (see attached picture). The chiseled features are starting to emerge, his hands and feet are getting bigger, his arms and legs are getting longer and he's even had a few zits over the past few months. The biggest change is, little girls are taking notice of him. Mum isn't liking the last change AT ALL. I knew he was going to be a good looking kid, but seriously girls? He's (almost) NINE... BACK OFF! Don't get Mama Bear mad, or Mama Bear gets all up in your 'bidness.

Toblerone - Toblerone is doing peachy, too. He now stands at 4 feet tall. I thought for sure he wasn't going to hit that mark until AFTER he turns four in June, but he proved me wrong. I'd love to post his weight for you, but honestly? I'm afraid to weigh him. He's a big boy...and I'll leave it at that (You can see what I mean in the picture below). His vocabulary has increased 10 fold and is talking a LOT better (although he still has that cute little lisp). His favorite phrases lately are, "Ooooh man!", "You fail", and "You're getting on my nervth (nerves)". Looks like he's going to be a sarcastic one, as well. Gee...I wonder where they get that trait from?


Weenie - although he's not one of my "munchkins", he IS the father of said munchkins, therefore deserves some blog time. Weenie is doing quite well, too. He's very busy at work (YAY), has grown a beard and mustache (he's never been able to do that...I guess his hormones have finally kicked in) and is currently sick with a nasty cold I managed to pass along to the family. He's been hit the hardest by this cold...probably because he constantly on the move and doesn't take the time to sit and relax. Maybe this cold was a Godsend.

Now, let's talk about the title of my blog.

Things haven't been "rough", so to speak, but we do live far below how we should be living. We're both 36 years old. We rent our home, we have one car and have no health insurance for Weenie and I. This isn't meant for anyone to say, "Oh my goodness! You poor (literally) people!" We've chosen to sacrifice some things so I could stay home with the munchkins (where I SHOULD be). But needs are arising that, no matter how hard we try, we cannot fulfill. Now that both boys are ready to go to a brick and mortar school, where does that leave me? I'm not the type of person to sit around and do nothing. I HAVE to keep busy! I've always loved the medical field. I worked in Pharmacy for over 10 years and in a dialysis clinic for a little over 2 years. But, in the back of my mind, I've always wondered what it would be like to work in dentistry. Over the past few years, it seems as though we've lived at the dental office with all of the work poor Triscuit has had to have done. Through various conversations I've had with his dentist as well as the ladies that work in his orthodontists office, I've made the decision to go back to school to become a dental assistant. Over the past week, I've been accepted into the program, enrolled, and this evening will have all of my financial aid in place to begin night classes on May 3rd. WOOOOT! I am extremely nervous, but at the same time I'm extremely excited! My goal is to be working in an orthodontist office or assisting an oral surgeon. Not only am I doing this for the financial benefit of our family, I'm doing this for ME. I told myself (and Weenie) that when I DO decide to go back to work, I would not enter the work force without having a diploma/certification/degree in hand. For now, I'm doing the 9 month program. Once I'm done with that and obtain a job, I plan on continuing my schooling towards obtaining my degree in applied science.

So, there you have it. Many GOOD changes (much needed changes) are happening in our lives! If you all could keep Triscuit and Toblerone in your thoughts and prayers, I would appreciate it. They both are aware I will be going back to school, but once I actually begin, it's going to be a huge change for them to accept.

No comments: