Thursday, January 8, 2009

And The Obsessions Deepen

Have you ever wondered if certain things are genetic? I'm not talking hair color, eye color or body type...I'm talking about TOY OBSESSIONS. Weenie is a HUGE Star Wars enthusiast. He has a nice collection of Star Wars Action Figures (BOY dolls...hehehe), Halo characters, ZOIDS, Gundam Figures, Legos...the list goes on. Here...let me show you PART of the "Man Cave".



I swear, this toy hoarding is a recessive gene...kind of like baldness. Have you ever seen these little guys?

They're the "Galactic Heroes" line in the Star Wars toy empire. I think my boys now have EACH and EVERY figure out there (thanks to Weenie and Christmas). These little things are EVERYWHERE in the house! Behind the couch, under the chairs, on the stairs, in their bedrooms, under the fridge and some have even made there way on TOP of the entertainment center. When we took down the tree, we found the little suckers stuffed in the bottom layers of the tree (as high as Toblerone could reach). I was wondering why he kept pointing at the tree saying, "Mama..Dedi (Jedi)! Tooper (Trooper)! Yeyo (Yoda)! AhChoo (R2)" I lost count just how many we pulled out.

The other thing is yes, Godzilla! You put one of those cheesy movies on and I will have a very QUIET household for a few hours! The obsession started with Triscuit, but as any of you know that have siblings, the YOUNGER sibling tends to follow in the older one's footsteps. Since right before Christmas, Toblerone was able to say, "Odziwa". Since his vocabulary is expanding each day, the Godzilla obsession is becoming an every minute of every day occurrence. AND...since Toblerone has a gross infatuation with poop...this scenario took place.


Ren Ren got each boy a gift card to Toys-R-Us for Christmas (thank you Ren Ren!). Right after Christmas, we took them to the store and each got a Godzilla toy. Toblerone got THIS one:




And Triscuit got THIS one:


We brought them home (the whole way home we listened to the boys saying, "MY Godzilla" back and forth. It was quite annoying) and took them out of their shoplifting proof containers. Toblerone turns Odziwa over, looks under his tail and says:

Toblerone: "Mama! Odziwa..POOP!"

Ahhh yes. That was a fun moment. When your child knows WHERE the poo comes out on any creature he lays his eyes on...it's time for potty training.

I have SOOOO much to look forward to as he grows older.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I looked through your blog and found similarities and would like to become blog friends.

I have a humble blog here in San Diego and would love it if you came by and visited and commented.

I think you may enjoy the various labels that I have for my High Art blog. I install music videos that I like and keep my writing as real as I can.

I hope to see you soon here.... :)