Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's Official...I'm Middle Aged

So, yeah...I turned 35 last week. *sigh*. I remember thinking as a teenager, "GOD! That person is 35? That's OLD!" Haven't you ever felt like SMACKING your younger self? Ohhh...I BET you have!

Regardless of just HOW I feel about birthdays, I DID have a wonderful one! A few days before my birthday, I received a card from Ren Ren. Have you ever seen these characters?

I love these little guys! The card was REALLY cute, even though it DID rub in the fact that I am now "old". That's OK. She made up for it with a gift certificate to Bath and Body Works. If THAT wasn't in there, I wouldn't have forgiven her (HAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding Ren Ren).

Then ON the day of my birthday, around 11:30am, the doorbell rang. When I looked out the peep-hole, I saw a woman standing there with a bouquet. I opened the door and was SOOOO pleasantly surprised! My Mom and Dad sent me an "Edible Arrangement"....and it was all FRUIT! WOO HOO! For those of you that know me, I try and eat as healthy as possible (although I DO have my weak moments). Of course, I took pictures of the arrangement.

Beautiful, isn't it? Oh, and if you look at the upper right hand corner, you will see Triscuit's body...WAITING for Mum to say, "OK...you can dig in."

This bouquet was simply AMAZING! The COOLEST thing I have ever seen!!


What a WONDERFUL surprise! After a while, I had to beat my boys off with a stick (not literally, of course), so I could actually eat some!

Weenie had to work REALLY late that night (BOOOOOOO), so the Sister and Nephew came over. The Sister brought me Sushi and Wine! Ooooohhhh....was it GOOD! YUMMY!!!! She also brought the boys Happy Meals for dinner (I didn't have to cook)! I must say, I have THE BEST Sister in the WORLD! Needless to say, it was a VERY, VERY happy household THAT night! We all had full tummies, awesome company and a MOMMY who got to relax (even though Weenie had to work late).

Throughout the entire day, I got message after message...on MySpace, Facebook AND texts on my phone, wishing me a very HAPPY Birthday. Let me tell you...I felt SOOO loved! Thank you to all who showed their love. BIG HUGS to you!!!

1 comment:

kbd224 said...

Happy Birthday! That fruit bouquet looks so yummy! I'm jealous...