Wednesday, January 21, 2009

But I'M The Baby!!!!

Jealousy, rage, confusion...I bet you're thinking...soap opera, huh? Nope. It's called youngest child syndrome.

Last night, we watched our 10 month old nephew, H (the child of my youngest brother-in-law G and his wife, S). He's a tinky tiny little thing compared to my monsters, so I had to be sure to watch MY children around him. Often times, this meant carrying H around everywhere I went. Not a big deal to me...but OBVIOUSLY, it was a HUGE deal to Toblerone. As I sat down on the reclining chair with H, Toblerone came over....

Toblerone: *Tries to climb up on my lap*

Mum: "No Toblerone. There isn't enough room for H, you and Mama...please get down."

Toblerone: "HEY!" (his new favorite word...and it's said with disgust, too)

Mum: "Toblerone...be NICE."

Toblerone: *Continues to try and climb up on me."

Mum: "Toblerone...I said NO!"

Toblerone: "No...H...DOWN."

Mum: "I'm not putting H down. YOU...GO PLAY."

Toblerone: *Starts to cry, runs over to the side of the couch, plops down and POUTS*

I'm thinking, "OK...I'll just leave him alone. He'll stop pouting soon."

Triscuit sees this and tries to take Toblerone's mind off of H (Triscuit's such a good kid). It works for a while. Then, I decide to put H on the floor so he could play. Triscuit sees his opportunity to play with H so he STOPS playing with Toblerone and plays with H instead. This did NOT sit well with Toblerone.

Toblerone: *Goes to Triscuit and TACKLES him...*

Triscuit: "HEY!!! (you wonder where Toblerone gets his word from) BE CAREFUL OF THE BABY!!!"

Toblerone: "No. Triscuit...pay (play)...Toblerone!"

Triscuit: *Looks at me and says*, "Ooooh...he's JEALOUS isn't he?"

Mum: "Yes, baby...he sure is. He doesn't understand why he's not getting all the attention."

Triscuit, being the ornery boy that he is, decides to PURPOSELY ignore Toblerone. This infuriated Toblerone even more. A fight ensued and both got a spanking.

Forward to dinner time.

As my family was noshing on dinner (and I'm feeding H), H finishes his bottle VERY quickly and wants to be put down. He crawls over to Toblerone and begins to reach for his food. OK...DO NOT MESS WITH TOBLERONE WHILE HE'S EATING....you will see THIS (except in human form):


Toblerone: "NO H! MINE!"

Weenie: "What's the matter Toblerone? You think H is going to eat your food?"

Toblerone: "Yup."

The family finishes eating dinner and Toblerone is sitting on Weenies lap watching YouTube videos (cats, mainly....imagine that). H wants to play, so he goes over to Toblerone and pulls on Toblerones shirt.

Toblerone: "Hey (whiny voice)...H!!!" NO!"

Meanwhile, Triscuit gets down on the floor and begins to play with H. Yes...a few shots were snapped...

OK...pay attention to where Toblerone is in the next picture. Yes...he's watching big brother playing with that dang baby!
I must admit...when I saw this picture, it made me LAUGH! Toblerone was SO jealous! You would think that he would be OK with it...after all, we go to the in-laws house every Sunday and see all of the nephews/nieces on that day. What I think REALLY bothered him was the fact that this BABY was in HIS house, taking up time with HIS mommy and brother. I mean, honestly, where does this baby get off???? HAHAHAHA!!!!



Last night taught me a few things and confirmed a few feelings.


1. There was a REASON I got my tubes tied.


2. A third child was NOT something I think I could have handled (yes...it's fun when they are NOT yours).


3. Toblerone is an EXTREMELY clingy and jealous child.


4. Triscuit is incredibly good with babies.


Triscuit DID ask if we could have another baby. My response?



Says it all, doesn't it????

No comments: