Monday, January 12, 2009

It Was BOUND To Happen....

Remember my post..."This is just SOOOO wrong"? If you recall, my fear was ONE of the boys coming up with a feminine hygiene question. Well, it happened...I just didn't expect it SO quick.

Yesterday, while getting ready to carry out our Sunday chores, I was gathering some "things" together to put in my purse. Weenie saw this and said LOUDLY, "OOOH! Peppermint Sticks!" I immediately yelled at him and gave him THIS look:

I KNEW that if Triscuit heard it he would think, "CANDY"! But, I think since he heard me YELL at Weenie he was smart enough not to push it. Well...the curiosity was just bubbling over...and it happened.

Triscuit: "Mommy?"

Mum: "Yes, baby?"

Triscuit: "What are peppermint sticks?"

Mum: "They're candy...why?"

Triscuit: "No...Daddy said something about peppermint sticks yesterday...do you have any?"

Oh Lord. Dang it Weenie!

Mum: "Ummm. No. I don't have anymore honey. They're all gone."

Triscuit: "WAS it candy?"

Double DANG IT!

Mum: "Yes."

OK...I know what I've said before. I want to be honest with my kids when these types of questions come up, but honestly, how SHOCKED would he be if I had to explain "that function" to him...especially when he was talking about CANDY?

I sure hope I played it off well enough. I'm NOT ready to tell him about that right now. I don't want to traumatize the kid. He will be traumatized enough when he DOES learn about it and doesn't quite understand why the female species hasn't died off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahah snort hahahahaha snort hahahahaha