Friday, January 9, 2009

This is Just SO WRONG....

I have the unfortunate lot in life right now of NOT being able to sleep very well. It takes me FOREVER to fall asleep (especially when it's quiet and my mind is allowed to think), so I flip through the channels at night. While doing this LAST night, I come across these two yahoos...


And the HEAD Yahoo is THIS guy:

Guess what product he's pushing?


OK...how WRONG is it when you start listening to the television and all of the sudden you hear someone talking about the LOOK, GIRTH and CONSISTENCY of your poo? Weenie just started LAUGHING his head off...not only at the infomercial, but at MY reaction. I got SO angry! You would have thought he turned it to CMT and left it on a country song. I was LIVID! Not only because they were talking about this on TV, but yes, because of my apprehensiveness to have ANYTHING to do with this function.

I get just as upset when feminine hygiene commercials come on. HELLO??? We ALL know people pee, poo and us woman know all TOO well that the "other thing" occurs. Do we HAVE to advertise it in cheesy and disgusting commercials? Why must we show women writhing in pain, not able to do their pants up because of bloating and just all around cranky? We ALL know this happens...so why don't we just RUB IT IN a little more, huh? What about Yeast Infection commercials? The woman looking one way (all business like and beautiful), but then showing her reflection with a hoodie on her head being all embarrassed about the "odor". What the heck? Don't get me started on the douche commercials. If (I should say WHEN) the day comes that Triscuit or Toblerone sees one of these commercials, I can hear it now:

"Mommy? Why do women have that "not-so-fresh feeling"? What does that mean?"


My answer will be...


"GO ASK YOUR FATHER!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to agree with you on this! And who in the HELL came up with "have a happy period"?! Come on now! It HAD to have been a MAN!!!

Anonymous said...

I just wish they had a few good jock itch commercials and maybe made some type of pad for guys to help with the "cheesy balls" hahaha THEN and maybe only THEN would they understand our hatered for the other un-nice women commercials.....

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your immediate negative reaction to the detailed poo description stems from our own childhood experiences. I clearly remember some of the discussions between Mom and Grandma. LOL!