Friday, February 27, 2009

Klutzy Much?

Both boys have been EXTREMELY klutzy these past few weeks. I think I've kissed more boo boo's in the last few days than I have in a LONG time.

Triscuit has been tripping over his feet and bumping his head quite frequently. I thought "Hmm...maybe it's the medication that's thrown him off", until he put his pants on (the SAME pants we bought for him in December). It looked like he was expecting a flood! He's also been complaining that his shoes are hurting him (yup...we bought THOSE in December, too).

As for Toblerone...well, he's just clumsy because he's 2 and 1/2, but lately the klutziness has been a LITTLE more prevalent than usual. He's mastered the stairway, but tonight, he must have either miscalculated or twisted his ankle on the way down....THUD THUD THUD...SMACK! Right into the hallway door. A squeal, a breathless cry and wailing followed. Don't worry...he's alright. No boo boo's to kiss that time, although if I could have kissed his ego, it would have done a WORLD of good. Honestly, I think he hurt the door more than he hurt himself!

So...that got me pondering..."Is there something WRONG with my children?" The answer? Well, yes, because they have Weenie and I for parents, but that doesn't account (fully) for the uncoordination. AND...since Triscuit's pants would have suited him well during a flood, I thought I should measure them.

Ready for this?


Triscuit
Age: 7 years, 6 months.
Weight: 59 pounds
Height: 4'3 and 1/2 inches tall.

Toblerone
Age: 2 years, 7 months.
Weight: 52 pounds
Height: 3'7 and 1/2 inches tall.

TRISCUIT was a few inches taller than Toblerone at the age of 4!

We're in for it....

Now accepting canned goods and monetary donations to feed my beasts (Yes, I'm kidding).


1 comment:

kbd224 said...

Hope the boys are getting more used to their new sizes. lol I'm not really sure how big the average 7 year old is, but your 2 year old seems huge! My 3 year old dd is 42" and 38 pounds! I can see why everybody mistakes your 2 year old for being older. He needs a sign on his forehead or something saying "I'm only 2 years old."