Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008

Getting my children to focus last Friday was a real chore. During school, Triscuit could do NOTHING but talk about Trick or Treating.

Triscuit: "Mama?"

Mum: "Yes baby."

Triscuit: "You said when we wake up in the morning, it was time for Halloween."

Mum: "What I SAID was, 'When you wake up in the morning, it will BE Halloween.' We don't go trick or treating until it's dark."

Triscuit: "But I don't wanna go when it's dark. It will be scary."

Mum: "Although Halloween is supposed to be scary, you have to remember that it's all fake."
Triscuit: "OK Mama."

We finish school (which was a nightmare) and as 5:00pm rolls around, I am getting the kids ready to go. Here's what they looked like.
Forward an hour and we are on our way to my sisters neighborhood to go trick or treating. My nephew, "B", warned me ahead of time what he was going to dress up as. We pull up to her house, and Triscuit says:

Triscuit: "Where's "B"? Is he going to be something scary?"

Mum: "Yes, but you have to remember that it's "B" under the costume."

We start getting out of the car. Up waltzes "B"....looking like this:

This picture doesn't do "B" justice. He had the nasty make up on and everything!

Triscuit grabs a hold of my leg like there's no tomorrow!

Triscuit: "Mama! Is that "B"???"

Mum: "Yes, it is."

Triscuit: *lets go of my pants* "OK...." (he's still extremely close to me).

As we walk up to my sisters front door, we see caution tape, a sheet over her sunflower (her sunflower had wilted just enough to look like it was hunching over), fake spider webs, a strobe light and we hear a CD playing a bunch of scary noises.

Triscuit stops dead in his footsteps.

Triscuit: "Mama! I'm scared!"

Mum: "It's OK Triscuit! It's fake. Remember what Mama told you?"

Triscuit: "I don't like it..."

My sister picks up on Triscuits fear and tries to calm him down. It doesn't work. As we are getting ready to go trick or treating, Weenie decides to take some pictures (and I actually MADE myself get in front of the lens). The looks on our faces were CLASSIC.....

Toblerone is starring intently at another kid that was there (he had a mask that when you squeezed a pump, it made blood run down the mask).

It was around 90 degrees that night and HOT, hence the redness to my face. I just want Weenie to take the flippin' picture so I can get out from IN FRONT of the camera.
Then, there's Triscuits expression. Bahahahahahahaha!!!! As my sister said, "I think he had that look on his face for the majority of the night."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

And here's ONE more picture. This one was taken just to show the SIZE of my children. I'm 5'9 (which is tall for a girl), so you can see just how tall Triscuit and Toblerone are. If Triscuit would have stood up STRAIGHT, the top of his head is right at my chest.

Yet another picture full of expression. Toblerone was raring to go...he just kept pointing and saying, "NOM!"
I'm NOT happy (as you can tell). My mother said, "You look like you're saying, 'Grab my broom and let me beat you with it'".
Triscuit is still scared and NOT wanting to go trick or treating. He could have cared LESS about the candy....he just wanted to go home!
Hopefully, next year will be a little better!

No comments: