Monday, October 13, 2008

I Can't Believe It!

First, I need to apologize. My intentions were to FINALLY be able to catch up on blogging last week, but unfortunately, I had to catch up on HOUSE WORK! Being sick for 3 weeks can really throw off a schedule. So, I hope all is forgiven! I have SO much to catch you all up on!

Arizona got a "cold" snap (if you want to call it cold) out of the blue, and we had to scramble to find some warm clothing for the boys to wear. Last year at this time, Toblerone wore 2T clothing. I decided to keep 3T and 4T stuff for THIS year. If I had only known that he was going to be GIGANTOR, I would have prepared a LITTLE better. The kid is into 5T/XS boys clothing. After going through 8 different pairs of pants, we finally found a pair that I had saved from when Triscuit was 5. The NEXT step was finding shoes (besides Crocs) that fit him. We THOUGHT (according to Croc sizes) that he was wearing a toddler size 10. We had 3 different pairs of tennis shoes that we thought for SURE were going to fit his fat little feet. BOY WERE WE WRONG!!! The first pair we tried were size 11. We couldn't even get his feet IN the shoe. The second pair were 11 1/2. We tried SO hard to shove his feet into those shoes, but again, no luck. The LAST and FINAL pair were size 12 1/2. Weenie and I thought, "Naw...they're going to be too big". We put the shoes on him and LOW AND BEHOLD, THEY FIT HIM!!! They weren't too big, either! Those shoes were Triscuits that he outgrew LAST YEAR at the age of 6!!! I thought Toblerone's size factor had hit me already, but that whole fiasco REALLY brought it home! I just kept saying "Holy crap" for the full 40 minutes it took to dress him. THEN, it was Triscuit's turn. That was equally as challenging. I'm pretty sure Triscuit has grown 2-3 inches since LAST year at this time. Again, I fished through the winter clothes that are hanging in their closet. Each pair of pants that I found for Triscuit to put on, were too short. I even bought these clothes BIG last year so that THIS year he would still be able to wear them. I was WRONG! Poor kid looked like he was expecting a flood! After finding a pair that didn't look TOO bad, we, again, were on a quest to find shoes that fit Triscuit's long and skinny feet. THANK GOD FOR WEENIE! Weenie likes to shop at thrift stores. Weenie ALSO has this obsession with Converse. About 3 years ago, he came across a pair of black Converse with flames on them. They were too small for Weenie, but he thought, "I will buy them for Triscuit for when he's older ("older" meaning 10 years old)". Three years AHEAD of schedule and Triscuit is in a men's size 2. It's amazing to me just HOW fast these kids are growing. I told the boys yesterday, "You are NOT allowed to grow anymore! The NEXT person to add an inch in height is going to get SPANKED!" That made Triscuit laugh. I said it in a VERY serious tone, but I was kidding (of course)! My sister found this image on the internet. I think I need to get this printed on a T-Shirt....

No comments: