Friday, October 24, 2008

Two Year Olds and Markers Do NOT Mix....

Yesterday afternoon, Triscuit traipses downstairs saying:

Triscuit: "Mommy. You're going to be VERY mad...."
Mum: "Why?"
Triscuit: "Because Toblerone got a hold of some markers."
Mum: "HOW did he get a hold of markers? You KNOW you aren't supposed to color ANYWHERE but at the dining room table!"
Triscuit: "I know, but....."
Mum: "NO 'BUTS'! What did Toblerone do???"
Triscuit: "He colored on the side of my bookshelf, on the front of where I keep my clothes (*snicker*....he meant dresser), and on the floor. OH...and he colored on his foot."
Mum: *SIGH* "OK...I'll be up there in a minute."
I go up to their room and find markers EVERYWHERE. I also find marker exactly where Triscuit said Toblerone colored. Thank God for Clorox Wipes. I pick them up (markers), take them downstairs and THROW them away. Little did I know, I missed a few.
Triscuit: "Uh, Mommy? Toby is coloring on himself!"
Mum: "With what? I just threw all your markers away!"
Triscuit: "Not ALL of them....."
Mum: "WHAT?"
I go upstairs and sure enough, I forgot two VERY important colors....BLACK AND PURPLE. HERE is what I see: Sorry the pictures are blurry. I had a hard time keeping Toblerone still. These pictures were taken AFTER I washed the majority of the marker off of his skin!

After telling my sister about the marker fiasco, she says, "Now I know what to get him for Christmas!" Here's MY response to THAT: I love you Sis, but....if you buy him markers for Christmas, I swear, you will be cleaning up the mess YOURSELF!

No comments: