Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lost Teefeses

Triscuit is at the age where he's loosing his teefs (teeth) at an alarming rate. He has lost about 3 in the same amount of weeks. A few teefs ago, I dropped the ball while playing "tooth fairy". Weenie gathered the change together and put it on the kitchen table. MY job was to retrieve the toof and place the change under his pillow. Yup...you guessed it. I FORGOT. The next morning, Triscuit woke up at the butt crack of dawn and was pretty disappointed that there was no money under his pillow. He trots downstairs and what does he find on the kitchen table? THE CHANGE that MOMMY forgot to put under his pillow! I woke up to Toblerone yelling "Maaaauuuummaa" over the monitor along with this strange jingling sound in the background. I groggily sludge my way up the stairs to get Toblerone out of his crib when I start stepping on quarters. I'm thinking to myself, "What the heck is THIS?" Then, I remembered...I FORGOT to get his toof and give him money! I start mulling over in my head what I'm going to tell Triscuit. I have this sick feeling in my stomach. I HATE to disappoint my children! I quickly thought up a story in my head to tell Triscuit. My PLAN was to tell him the Tooth Fairy hurt her wing and couldn't fly up to place the money under his pillow (yes...I know...the story was rather lame). BUT, before I could open my mouth...TRISCUIT had already come up with an explanation. Here is how the conversation went:

Triscuit: "Mama...the Tooth Fairy left the change on the table."

Me: "REALLY?!?!?!?! I wonder what happened!?!?!"

Triscuit: "Well, she threw my pillow on the floor looking for my toof. Then, Toblerone woke up. When YOU came up the stairs to check on Toblerone, YOU scared her away! She wanted to leave it under my pillow, but YOU scared her away."

Me: "Are you sure she took your toof?"

Triscuit: "Yes...it's not there. She threw the pillow on the floor looking for it (said with a "Well DUH" tone)."

After Weenie woke up, Triscuit repeated the story to him. With a smirk on his face, Weenie tip toed up the stairs to retrieve the toof. The elusive toof had fallen off his bed and somehow ended up in his basket of shoes.


NEVER forget to play "Tooth Fairy"....otherwise, you will end up looking like this:


1 comment:

Kristen Marlin said...

Hehe! Kids will always be kids. You should really the role of the tooth fairy while they still believe in them. And being the tooth fairy, you must be the very best one for your kids! =D

-Kristen Marlin