Monday, July 7, 2008

MAUW!

Weenie and I LOVE cats and would LOVE to own one, but because I'm so allergic to them, we won't ever get that chance (unless I scrape up enough money to buy a hairless one). Triscuit has asked me almost everyday since he was 5, "Mommy, can we get a cat?" Regardless of HOW many times I explain to him that Mommy sneezes her head off, gets hives and can't breathe, he is still relentless about it. So, Weenie and I took them to Toys R Us and bought them their OWN cats. NO, NOT REAL ONES...stuffed ones. We spent about 20 minutes looking through the bin of stuffed animals until we found these two:
Toblerone's is the one on the left and Triscuit's is the one on the right. Triscuit is a true animal lover. He especially loves Lions and Tigers. He wants a tabby cat that looks like Tigger. Toblerone, on the other hand, is just OBSESSED with cats. Probably because of THIS:

(If you are wondering what this is from, go to YouTube and type in "Kitty Cat Dance" in the search box)

While we were in Toys R Us, Toblerone would give out an occasional shriek of excitement...but it wasn't until we were down the stuffed animal isle, that he began screaming, "MAUW! MAUW! MAAAAUUUUWWWW!" While we were trying to control his enthusiasm, the other customers were passing us by with very weird expressions on their faces. Imagine, if you will, these expressions being on HUMAN faces:

First, there is the "SURPRISED" look:

This one, I didn't mind so much, because his outburst WAS pretty loud.

Then there was THIS look:This look I got from OTHER parents who CLEARLY understood what it was like to have an excited toddler in the stuffed animal section.

THEN THERE WAS THIS LOOK:

When I got THIS look from the other parents, it made me pretty mad. My face may have shot the same look BACK in their direction, but my INSIDES were doing this:

Don't go into a TOYstore and expect it to be QUIET. Children are NOT angels and don't know how to control their emotions...especially a 2 year old! Dig the thorn of irritation out of your butt and RELAX!

This is what I've been seeing since he GOT the cat:

I would say the trip to Toys R Us was a success...wouldn't you???

3 comments:

RunnerMom said...

Hey, my MIL swears there are drops you can get at the vet's that you put in the cat's water bowl and somehow....magically, you won't be allergic to said cat. I dunno. Something about cat dander. Might be worth a look into if you'd really like to be a future cat-owner. I love the smiling, eyes closed pic!

RunnerMom said...

I found the info. I'll copy and paste: Allerpet C is formulated specifically for cats and for people allergic to cats. It cleanses the hair of saliva and dander, the prime causes of allergic reactions to cats. Non-toxic and safe to use on kittens.

Coolerboy said...

I recently discovered your blog and I have a 19 month old son who still isn't talking yet. I love reading your blog since my wife and I are going through a lot of the toddler experiences that you write about! We even bought the Elmo potty training dvd (and an Elmo potty training book)! Our son isn't any closer to being potty trained yet, but he loves anything with "Melmo." I know that kids take a lot of time, but I hope you find some time to update your blog again soon!