Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Part One: Toblerone's 2nd Birthday

Toblerone's birthday was June 21st. The "party" consisted of just family (he's only 2...we will throw bigger parties as he gets older). He received a few gift certificates, so after Triscuits party was over and done with, we went shopping. For those of you that know me...I HATE SHOPPING...but for my kids, I will do just about anything (within reason, of course) to make them happy. We hit almost every store you could imagine. Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, KB Toys (KB was in the mall. NEVER GO TO THE MALL ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND), TJ Maxx...the list goes on. We found 3 DVD's for Toblerone that I thought he would really enjoy:

These two aren't bad. At least they're educational:

Then there is THIS one:

When I picked this one up, I thought it would be a great way for him to learn about Dinosaurs. HOWEVER, in true Elmo form, it's annoying and a little bizarre. The fairy (the purple haired figure on the front) calls on the Dinosaur Fairy to turn them all into dinosaurs. I know, I know... It's not made for adults...it's made for children. I need to learn to be a little more tolerant. After all, children don't stay small forever, right?

While on our shopping excursion, we kept running into "Tickle me Elmo", "Tickle me Cookie Monster" and "Tickle me Ernie" (ERNIE? Creepy). We searched for an Elmo at a good price, but we couldn't find one. Weenie went to K Mart on Monday evening and actually found them marked down to $15. Being that it was SO cheap, Weenie brought it home after work and made a little boy ECSTATIC!
I'm sure you're thinking, "WHY get something so freakishly annoying that you have to listen to day in and day out?". Well, it goes back to making a little boy happy (plus, it has an on/off switch). I may dislike Elmo for obvious reasons, but Toblerone LOVES him. It would be selfish of me to ban him from something just because Mommy doesn't like it.

I WILL promise you this, though. As soon as Toblerone outgrows Elmo...Elmo will find himself a new home with Oscar the Grouch.
I will be posting pictures from HIS party, too...as soon as I confiscate the camera from Weenie.

1 comment:

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

My child could watch the same Elmo DVD all day long. However, he wants to watch only with me right beside him. I can only take about five minutes worth of Elmo before I want to claw my eyes out or jab my keys in my ears repeatedly.

Is it sad that I constantly buy him new ones so I can have some variety? If you haven't checked out Elmo's Potty Time, I highly recommend it. I can't watch it without getting the giggles.